How to Qualify for an Auto Loan
Qualifying for a car loan almost always requires a credit check, but credit isn’t the end-all, be-all of the decision making process. Your lender will need to consider several factors when you submit your application, so you should be prepared to provide additional details on your income and your ability to pay. Of course, you’ll also need to bring a photo ID, corroborating documents, and proof of insurance. Find out how to qualify for a car loan by taking a closer look at each of these requirements with Jaguar Darien.
What Do You Need to Qualify for a Car Loan?
Qualifying for a Car Loan: Getting Ready to Apply
Although you can seek out a loan through a traditional institution like a bank or a credit union, many dealerships—including our own—will also finance in-house. No matter which way you decide to go, you should make sure that you have all of the required paperwork and documentation before you submit your application. Here’s what you’ll need to qualify for a car loan:
- Proof of Identity: A driver’s license is the most obvious requirement for anyone with an interest in qualifying for a car loan. However, you should also bring a current utility bill or some other form of corroborating information. If you’re unsure, ask your lender which forms of proof will be sufficient!
- Proof of Income: Bank statements and recent pay stubs are the most common forms of proof of income. Most lenders will also ask you to list your employer and provide contact information. They may wish to reach out and confirm the information that you’ve provided.
- Proof of Insurance: It’s illegal to approve an auto loan for a driver who is not insured, so you’ll need to be able to prove that you have coverage! Insurance is already a legal requirement for every driver, so this shouldn’t be an issue if you currently spend time on the roads of Greenwich and New Canaan
- Proof of Residence: No lender will approve a loan for a driver who can’t be tracked down. You’ll need to provide proof of residence if you want to get approved for an auto loan, and you should also inform your lender if you ever move.
Are you also selling or trading in a vehicle? You’ll need to bring your current vehicle’s title and registration.
Qualifying for a Car Loan: Improving Your Chances
Learning how to qualify for a car loan is one thing. Getting the loan, interest rate, and monthly payment that you want is another! Before you submit your application, make sure that you’ve set yourself up for success:
- Many lenders, including those who work through our financing department, will work with lenders who have good, great, or even fair credit. Getting qualified with bad credit is difficult, but not impossible.
- If your credit isn’t where you’d like it to be, you can improve your chances of getting approved by making a larger down payment, trading in an old vehicle, and clearly demonstrating that you have the ability to pay.
- You can improve your credit by paying off outstanding balances and making regular, on-time payments every month. If your credit improves while you are paying off your current loan, you may be able to refinance for a lower rate.
Get the Car Loan You Need at Jaguar Darien!
Now that you know how to get a car loan, we’re sure you’ll be eager to take the next steps! Here at our dealership, we offer an impressive selection of new and pre-owned models. If you find an option that has everything you need, you can even apply for financing online from your home in Darien or Stamford.
More from Jaguar Darien
In exchange for a starting MSRP of $61,600, the exciting new 2022 Jaguar F-TYPE provides sport-style front seats, premium leather upholstery, and so much more. The 2022 Jaguar F-TYPE is available in both coupe and convertible body styles, and both are spacious. Additionally, all models include high-class technological features and a carefully-crafted interior that earns…
A new 2021 Jaguar F-PACE is priced at $49,995 MSRP* as standard, but Stamford’s buyers will have four trim levels to consider. Each has plenty to offer, but which Jaguar F-PACE configuration is right for you? Our comprehensive 2021 Jaguar F-PACE price list has everything that you need to know. Contact Us View Inventory…
2022 Jaguar E-PACE mpg estimates top out at 21 mpg city and 26 mpg highway. If you’re looking for a high-performance Jaguar SUV that also delivers impressive fuel economy, the compact E-PACE is bound to feel like a perfect fit for your needs. View Our E-PACE InventoryBrowse Our E-PACE Lease Offers Jaguar E-PACE Fuel Economy…