2016 Jaguar XJ Trims
The 2016 Jaguar XJ trims offer a range of options for Greenwich, Westport, and New Canaan drivers seeking a luxury sport sedan. Available now at Jaguar Darien, these four different versions of the XJ outfit it with the latest in connectivity, luxury, and safety features.
While the R-Sport is the standard 2016 Jaguar XJ trim, we would hesitate to call a car that outclasses its competitors a basic model. Highlights include:
- Powertrain: Under the hood of the XJ R-Sport is a 3.6L supercharged V6 engine with 340 hp and 332 lb.-ft. of torque. Rear-wheel drive is standard, as is an eight-speed ZF automatic transmission, giving it a 0-60 mph time of 5.7 seconds and an EPA-estimated 27 mpg/highway.
- Performance Features: The engine is far from the only performance feature of the sedan; Jaguar engineers have ensured it practically glides on air with an adaptive self-leveling suspension. Enjoy gear changes with the flick of a wrist on the paddle shifters, and you can customize the throttle and steering settings to fit your personal driving style.
- Comfort Features: Leather is, of course, a standard on this Jaguar, while features like a panoramic sunroof open the cabin up to fresh air and sunlight and heated/cooled front seats keep the XJ comfy all year round.
- Technology: In order to compete with the modern luxury cars, this sport sedan has the latest in tech features, ranging from the Jaguar-exclusive 8-inch InControl touchscreen infotainment system to built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
XJ R-Sport AWD
There are few feelings quite like that of a rear-wheel drive sedan launching from a stopped position, but we know some drivers need more in the way of control. The 2016 XJ R-Sport AWD sends torque to all four wheels for improved traction and brings with it a few style upgrades:
- Instinctive All-Wheel Drive: The Jaguar all-wheel drive system features active power transfer technology that gives drivers the traction they want on an all-wheel drive vehicle without compromising on the agility found on rear-wheel drive Jaguar models.
- A Smart Drivetrain: Old AWD systems used to be gas guzzlers, running all the time whether you needed them or not. The Jaguar system is engineered to monitor the road conditions and spring into action immediately whenever it senses improved traction is needed, shifting torque between rear and front axles with ease.
- Sporting Style: The XJ already has stylish good looks, but the XJ R-Sport AWD adds to them with unique styling elements to differentiate itself from the standard model.
While the XJ R-Sport and its all-wheel drive version are luxurious and powerful, some drivers need more. That’s why there are a handful of 2016 Jaguar XJ trims to choose from. The XJ Supercharged upgrades the engine, as you might imagine, and adds on a handful of other features as well.
- Powertrain: The 5.0L supercharged V8 engine powering this model is rated at 470 hp and 424 lb.-ft. of torque, featuring a 0-60 mph time of 4.9 seconds and hitting a top speed of 155 mph.
- Performance Features: A taut suspension tuning, active rear differential, and 20-inch wheels with upgraded brakes and performance tires complement the 5.0L V8 engine and help it reach its full potential.
- Unique Design: The exterior of the XJ Supercharged has been supercharged as well, giving it a style upgrade that is engineered to cut through the air and to turn heads while distinguishing it from the other models.
- Upgraded Comfort Features: Jaguar sedans are all about the comfort, and the XJ interior takes luxury to new heights with four-zone automatic climate control, 14-way power-adjustable front seats (with massage), upgraded leather upholstery, and much more.
A top-of-the-line Jaguar is truly a sight to behold, and the XJR is our favorite of the 2016 Jaguar XJ trims. The supercharged V8 engine is tweaked for improved performance, new color options are available, and it has upgraded design elements inside and out:
- Powertrain: If you thought the 470-hp V8 was the cream of the crop, think again; this model’s 5.0L supercharged V8 is rated at 550 hp and 502 lb.-ft. of torque, carrying a top speed of 174 mph and hitting 60 mph in just 4.4 seconds.
- Performance Features: The XJR features sport seating to keep you firmly planted behind the wheel, an active exhaust system for improved performance, and suspension tuning specific to this trim.
- Upgraded Design: A set of unique 20-inch wheels grace the XJR, which is available in a wider range of colors thanks to the brand’s premium color selection. Upgraded exterior and interior trim with features like carbon fiber accents let everyone know that this is a top-of-the-line sport sedan.
Test Drive the 2016 Jaguar XJ Trims Near New Canaan, Westport, and Greenwich Today
Now that you’ve read a bit about it, let us help you find your 2016 Jaguar XJ trim. New Canaan, Westport, and Greenwich drivers can visit Jaguar Darien at 1335 Post Road to see the XJ in person. Contact our team online or give us a call at (855) 552-1292 to schedule your test drive today.