The 2017 Jaguar XE Performance Features Are Engineered to Excite
The sleek, compact, 2017 Jaguar XE is engineered to provide the power and performance Greenwich, Westport, and New Canaan drivers want, without the weight that typically accompanies it. With multiple engines and cutting-edge technology to control everything from the ride to turning, the Jaguar XE performance is elevated to a class all its own.
Jaguar offers drivers the choice of three potent, efficient engines to power the XE, each with its own special draw:
- 4-Cylinder – The base engine is a 2.0L 16-valve turbocharged 4-cylinder gasoline powerplant that features a responsive rear-wheel drive drivetrain. This engine produces 240 hp and 251 lb.-ft. of torque while also delivering a gas-sipping 21 mpg/city and 30 mpg/highway fuel efficiency rating from the EPA.
- Turbodiesel – Jaguar also offers a powerful 2.0L turbodiesel engine that can be equipped with either a rear-wheel drive or a responsive all-wheel drive drivetrain for up to 180 hp and as much as 318 lb.-ft. of torque.
- V6 Engine – Drivers who want the most bang for the buck can opt for a 24-valve 3.0L V6 gasoline powerplant which is also available with a rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive drivetrain. This motor creates up to 340 hp and 332 lb.-ft. of torque.
Other Performance Features
The 2017 Jaguar XE performs well not just because of the engines that power the wheels, but also because of the materials used in the sedans creation, and the many systems designed to give drivers the control they want:
- Adaptable Transmission – Jaguar’s ZF 8-speed automatic transmission delivers responsive control and quick shifting capability that adapts to the driver’s style.
- Aluminum Architecture – The XE’s strong but light aluminum body not only reduces weight for improved fuel efficiency, it also provides a stiffer, more responsive ride and helps the Jaguar improve overall weight distribution for better performance.
- Torque Vectoring – The XE automatically applies additional braking pressure to inside wheels during tight cornering to ensure better grip on winding roads or during emergency maneuvers.
- Intelligent Driveline Dynamics – The Innovative AWD system uses a sophisticated set of algorithms to respond instantly and intelligently to changing road conditions, predicting future needs and correcting the vehicle’s ride to help maintain traction.
- Adaptive Surface Response – The XE can recognize changes in road surfaces and adapt, providing additional power where needed to maximize grip.
- Configurable Dynamics – Drivers can fine-tune the engine, gearshift, suspension, and steering systems to customize the way the XE rides and better reflect the driver’s own unique style.
- Drive Control – Drivers can select from Standard, Eco, Dynamic, or Rain/Snow/Ice modes to change the way the XE responds to certain driving conditions and optimize efficiency.
- Power-Assisted Steering – The Electric Power-Assisted Steering feature continuously adjusts to help provide more control to the driver during higher-speed conditions and when tighter maneuverability is needed, providing the ideal control for any situation.
Discover the Power of the 2017 Jaguar XE at the Leading Westport, Greenwich, and New Canaan Jaguar Dealer
Experience the excitement of the 2017 Jaguar XE sedan performance features at your premier Westport, Greenwich, and New Canaan Jaguar authority. Contact Jaguar of Darien at (866) 217-4112 or visit our showroom conveniently located at 1335 Post Rd in Darien, CT.